|Name of Institution||Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited|
|Year of Establishment||Jan 1970|
|Background Information||Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited (ZTBL) erstwhile Agricultural Development Bank of Pakistan (ADBP) is the premier financial institution geared towards the development of agriculture sector through provision of financial services and technical know how. The restructuring of former ADBP is being carried out with the aim to uplift the agriculture and rural sector by raising farm productivity, streamlining the institutional credit and increasing income generating capacity of the farming community. ZTBL was incorporated as a Public Limited Company on 14th December, 2002 through repeal of ADB Ordinance of 1961.
ZTBL is a key R.F.I of Pakistan providing affordable, rural and agriculture financial/non-financial services to the rural Pakistan , comprising 68 % of the total population. The Bank through a country-wide network of 341 branches is serving around half a million clients annually and over one million accumulated account holders with the average loan size of around Rs.89,000 serving 65%, 31% & 4% of subsistence, economic and large growers respectively.
- Develop and operate as a financially and operationally sustainable R.F.I of the country.
- Assist rural community, particularly the small farmers, in raising their productivity and income levels through timely delivery of credit, advisory and ancillary services.
- Finance viable - sustainable Micro-enterprises, Credit to Women Programme and special schemes.
- Build ZTBL's image as a proactive, client friendly, financially & operationally sustainable with indigenous product deployment.
- Establish and provide backward and forward linkages to strengthen agri. value added commodity chains.
- Engage in public - private and wholesale - retail partnership to deepen outreach and reduce operating cost.
- To function as a rural commercial bank to mobilize rural capital formation and to commercialize the agri. sector by delivering the true value of credit to the client. Provide a wide range of risk insurance products to its clients.
- Open up it venues of operation to Domestic & International Banking Industry to avail comparative advantages.
|Type of Institution||Specialised bank|
|Type of Banking License||Under banking law|
|Percentage of Government||100%|
|Membership of Banking Associations||Pakistan Banking Association|
|Total Number of Outlets||343|