|Content Language||English (en)|
|Date Of Publication||2001|
This is a complete operational manual for the ASA system of delivering microfinance. Key dimensions of the ASA approach are:
- Radical simplification of accounting and record-keeping
- Use of groups as distribution channels for disbursement and collection of individual loans - there is no peer guarantee system
- Simple, standardised products and processes which do not require highly skilled loan officers
- Minimal physical infrastructure and standardised branch configuration
- Rapid, efficient recruitment and on-the-job training, enabling rapid expansion at low cost
- Reliance on manual operations
ASA's methods and this manual have evolved continuously over the last ten years to reflect lessons learned and changing market conditions.
ASA has achieved massive outreach at low cost and has acieved this success by learning from its clients and other models and continuing to innovate. The manual provides an insight into this as well as being a comprehensive operational guideline.
|Number of Pages||293 pp.|
|Order by E-Mailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Keywords|| LOAN PROCEDURES, OPERATIONAL GUIDELINES, MANAGEMENT|