|Title||IFAD Decision Tools for Rural Finance|
|Content Language||English (en)|
|Date Of Publication||2010|
The objective of IFAD Decision Tools for Rural Finance is to provide decision-making support for the IFAD country programme managers (CPMs), consultants, project staff and technical advisers who develop and implement rural finance projects. Built on the IFAD Rural Finance Policy (RFP) (IFAD 2009), as well as other good practice guides, this knowledge management tool is designed to help identify and answer the questions that arise in each rural finance project, provide background on key issues, define common terms, highlight risks and opportunities, and provide references for further investigation.
The paper is divided into five main sections, each with a specific objective:
- Introduction – understanding the fundamentals: review rural finance basics and IFAD’s role in the sector.
- Assessing the market: analyse the status of a financial sector and identify the gaps.
- Designing a project: define the interventions in a rural finance project.
- Assessing and selecting project implementation partners: assess and select project implementation partners through a transparent, competitive process.
- Conducting performance monitoring and evaluation: effectively conduct ongoing and annual performance monitoring.
|Number of Pages||82 pp.|
|Keywords|| RURAL FINANCE, PROJECT CYCLE, FINANCIAL SERVICES|